Bestselling Author of the Take It Off series, Death Escorts series and the Heven & Hell Series
ღ Facebook ღ Twitter ღ Goodreads ღ Pinterest ღ Amazon ღ BookLikes ღ YouTube ღ Website
How I met…
The first time I ‘met’ Cambria, it was during a chat she was hosting. I remember seeing the link on her page and thinking, why not? She is such a sweet person. She’s kind and generous and she’s always willing to offer a hand when asked. Then I read Masquerade, book 1 of her Heven & Hell series and only loving her more. She’s an incredible author to boot. Be sure you follow her! You won’t regret it.
And thank you, Cambria, for letting us showcase your awesomeness! <3
Heven & Hell Series
Death Escorts Series
Take It Off Series
1) You originally wrote the Heven & Hell series, which is a Young Adult series. What made you go from Young Adult to New Adult?
Mainly I started writing new adult because I was ready for a little change, a little challenge. It pushed me out of my box. As a writer I like to be able to stretch my wings and try new things. I wrote the Heven & Hell series exclusively for almost two years, I just wanted to try something new. It’s been really fun. I may in time write more YA. I don’t consider it as either/or for me it’s a combination of following what stories call to me most.
2) Your Death Escort is about soul collectors, what inspired you to write such a series?Well, Death Escorts are basically employees of the Grim Reaper, they kill for him. Im not really sure what the inspiration behind the series is! Ha ha ha. I originally thought Recalled would be about an angel but as I began writing the characters went somewhere else and I found myself writing about a Grim Reaper who keeps bodies in his closet and employs assassins. LOL. I love that series. It seems so unique to me and it’s been fun to write.
3) What is your Take It Off about? Is there a single thread plot that connects the books?My Take It Off series is a series of stand alone books. They can be read in any order, they all have different plots and characters and settings. The single thread is that they are all contemporary romances with elements of suspense… and also… that for one reason or another the people are always taking off their clothes. Ha ha.
4) Are you going to continue with the Take It Off series? Absolutely. I have so many characters in my head that demand a story of their own.
5) What are you working on now? Tell us about it?I’m in between books. I have two started but they are very new and I don’t like to talk about my books when they are so new… I almost am superstitious like that, like talking about them will somehow jinx them. Yeah, that’s weird. LOL. But I just finished up TIPSY the 5th Take It Off novel. Its about a police officer and a hairstylist. It’s a fun book! It comes out in December.
6) Have you always wanted to write? What motivated you to finally do it?I’ve always loved writing, reading and storytelling. I finally decided to go for it when I thought about what kind of career I wanted, what would make me happy and this was what I came up with.
7) What’s the highest point of your career thus far?Honestly, it just happened recently when TEXT hit the amazon top 100. I can’t tell you how wonderful it was to see that my favorite book of mine was being so well received. Not only that the way everyone came together to help me get it in the top 100 was so humbling and overwhelming. It’s been wonderful.
8) What was the lowest point of your career?In all honesty… (I’ve never really admitted this in public) it was over the summer when Charmed released and it didn’t do very well. That was a very hard blow for me. I love that book so much. It’s my favorite right next TEXT. It isn’t that people didn’t love it, they did, it gets great reviews, but it just didn’t (and doesn’t) sell that great.
But besides that, I don’t really have a specific time. I think all writers have low days when they feel like everything they write is bad or they lack motivation. You just have to keep pushing.
9) Do you have any words for a new author just starting out?Don’t give up. Not ever. Find people who will support you, people who understand what it’s like to be a writer. And just keep writing.
10) Where can we stalk … I mean find you?
“Like” her on Facebook
Follow her on Twitter
a Rafflecopter giveaway