Author of Soul Quest Trilogy. The Wildflower Series, & Sucking The Life Out Of Me.
ღ Facebook ღ Twitter ღ Goodreads ღ Amazon ღ Website
Soul Quest Series
The Wildflower Series
Sucking the Life Out of Me!
1) Did you know you and I have written a book together? Or rather, share an anthology?
Holy cow! Yes, we do! Wow, small world, but I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised since we are both lovers of the paranormal.
2) How many books are there in the Soul Quest Series?It’s a trilogy. The first book is called Soul Quest. In this book the young oracles come to discover their gifts and find one another. The second book is The Guardians of Souls. In this story the young oracles struggle to come to terms with who and what they are as they form an army to fight against the evil they have been created to destroy. The third book is called Soul Deep. The young oracles must make sense of everything is the last installment. They’ve had a lot to deal with, both as teenagers and oracles and it hasn’t been an easy for them.
3) What inspired you to write?I’ve always loved writing as long as I can remember, but I never thought I was good at it. I had an English teacher in high school. His name was Mr. Stein. One of my assignments in tenth grade was to write an account of a memory I had that had a major impact on me in some way. I was supposed to be as descriptive as possible in the assignment. While all my friends wrote papers about Christmas’s past and trips to Disney World I described attending my great grandfather’s funeral when I was eleven years old. He said when he read it he felt like he had been there with me. He could see the funeral home, the people surrounding me and he could feel the intense discomfort I felt in the moment. He told me I had a gift I needed to develop and invited me to join his creative writing group. So, I did. I’ve been writing ever since.
4) Would you give up your day job to solely write if possible? Or would you stick to your day job? And why?I don’t’ think I could stop teaching, even with the challenges and lack of appreciation for the profession in our society today. Teachers are called to teach. It’s just what we do and I’m good at it. As long as I can make a difference in the lives of young people I will. I can write full time when I retire, LOL!
5) What’s the scariest thing that has ever happened to you?When I was in middle school I went hiking with my youth group from church. We had to climb over a pretty steep ledge and I lost my footing and almost fell off the cliff. Fortunately, someone caught me and kept me safe. That is definitely one of the scariest moments I have encountered with the exception of when my daughter was bit by fire ants at two years of age and went into anaphylaxis shock. Actually, that was more terrifying.
6) The characters on the cover of your book, do you know them personally?I have met Serena (female model for The Soul Quest Trilogy) in person and she is an absolute doll. I’ve connected with Selka (the cover model for A Zebra Like Me) on Facebook. and she seems sweet as can be too.
7) What do you like best about writing?The escape… The ability to switch gears and do something completely different while challenging my own creativity.
8) If you could visit anywhere in the world… where would you go? And why?I get asked this question often and I always struggle with the answer because there are so many places I would love to go. If I had to pick it would probably be Europe. I have always been fascinated with history, culture and different groups of people. Europe would be smorgasbord of stimulation for me in those respects.
9) What would you say to a struggling author?Don’t give up, keep writing. Each book you write will teach you something new, your writing will get better and your name will get out there one more time.
10) Where can we find you?Website
a Rafflecopter giveaway