Award Winning Best-Seller of the Gryphon Series.
ღ Facebook ღ Twitter ღ Goodreads ღ Amazon ღ Website
The Gryphon Series
1) Which came first? Author or Publisher? And if you had to pick only one, which is more fulfilling?
Author came first, I’ve been writing since I was in elementary school and could first put crayon to paper. I enjoy being a publisher. I have made many friends with an amazingly talented group of authors and I consider myself blessed to be their publisher. But if someone put a gun to my head and made me chose, I would pick writing purely because it’s my passion.
2) Do you feel like you’ve accomplished all you can as an author? If not, what do you hope to achieve next?Absolutely not! I haven’t even begun! I like to think I’m cutting my teeth a little more with each book. I learn more about myself and the process of creating a quality book with each new release. I think long term for my career, with each new book I want to challenge myself in some way so that readers are always surprised by the story they find between within those covers.
3) The Gryphon series is over. What’s next?It is? You sure about that? 😉
4) What inspired the Gryphon series?My daughters. For them I wanted to create a strong female lead that they could look up to. She’s an average girl that is thrown into an impossible situation that requires her to dig down deep to find the strength to overcome. That strength is in each of us and it was my goal with this series to empower are youths with that knowledge.
5) As an author, what was the most frustrating moment for you?In this industry you can feel on top of the world one day, then the very next be slapped in the face by how far you have yet to go. It’s easy to feel lost in a sea of talented writers. It’s frustrating, but as long as you stay true to your dream and your passion to write you can push passed that.
6) Do you work from a storyline, or free flow?Both. I develop a storyline to keep the story moving forward, but as I write the characters take over and lead the stories in ways that surprise even me.
7) If you could have lunch with an author of your choice who and why?He’s not an author, but a screenwriter; Joss Whedon. He is unbelievably brilliant. His ability to blend action, humor, and the occasional heartbreak is a constant inspiration to me.
8) We promise not to tell, what’s your biggest secret?I’m not a natural redhead. Shhhhhhhh
9) What would you tell an author on the verge of giving up?This industry is in a state of upheaval and the market is flooded with writers. It’s a daunting prospect to dive into that. HOWEVER, you will never win if you don’t play. Read as much as you can. Write to perfect your craft. Find your voice, hold tight to your dreams and go for it!
10) Where can readers find you?www.staceyrourke.com
a Rafflecopter giveaway