New York Times & USA Today Bestsellers Author of Significance Series,
Collide Series, Devoured Series.
1) Significance, had it always been a series in your mind, or had it started as a single book that blossomed?
Always been a series. In fact, in my mind, it was a trilogy to begin with, but when it came down to it, I didn’t think it would end properly with just the three. And now there will be even more book(s) starting next year.
2) I hear there’s a book 5 in the works for 2014; fact or fiction and can we get a small taster of what we have to look forward to?
Fact. It’s a spin-off of sorts. It will be about Caleb and Maggie’s daughter, Ava. There a 2 chapter teaser in the back of WIDE SPACES if you’d like to get all the details!
3) Wide Awake and Wide Open, are they part of a series or are they standalones?
They are a part of the WIDE AWAKE series along with WIDE SPACES, but they both can be read separately. I wouldn’t recommend it, but you could read WIDE OPEN just for the story and wouldn’t be lost.
4) What’s next in the plans? What can we look forward to from the incredible Shelly Crane?
Ha! You flatter me. I have the last Devoured book, Altered, and the next Significance book next year. So far, that’s all I have planned. I have a lot of things going on so I’m trying to keep things…manageable 🙂
5) Coffee addict? Chocolate addict? What’s your addiction?
6) You’ve probably heard it enough times, but I am so excited for the film version of Significance. But last I saw, it was being recreated from movie to TV show. Is there any news? Has the cast been picked? When and what can we expect next?
I have about as much news as you as this point. Because it was re-optioned for TV, they basically had to start over from scratch. They aren’t sure if they’ll be able to keep the cast or not yet. They have the pilot episode written and are in the process of getting that done, cast, and produced for it to be shot.
7) What do you do when you’re not writing?
I’m a stay at home mom of two boys so I have PLENTY to do 🙂
8) What inspired you to write the series?
What inspired you to write the series? I just loved the idea of a love starting solely on touch. On a love so strong, a soul-mate based love and connection that branched from nothing at all but touching but was so all consuming… It sounded amazing to write.
9) Give an aspiring author words of encouragement.
If you sit down at your computer and it’s fun, it feels like your full of joy when you type those words, when you know that putting your words out there on a platter will be hard, but you’re going to do it anyway because you have to, when it’s not work for you, it’s the best thing you can think to be doing? Then you are in the right career. Keep at it. 🙂
10) Where can we find you?
Shelly Crane Blog
Barns & Noble